Leek & Potato Soup with a Coconut Twist
2 tbsp Mild & Light Olive Oil
Small Onion, chopped
1 prepared Leek (approx 400g), sliced
600g Potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 lt Vegetable Stock
few Chilli Flakes
½ tsp Ginger Paste
1 sachet Creamed coconut
100g Prawns (optional)
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- Heat the oil in a large pan and then cook the onion for a couple of minutes.
- Add the leek and potatoes. Stir well, then cover and cook gently for 5 minutes, making sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Add the chilli flakes, then turn the heat down and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes while melting the coconut cream, by immersing the unopened sachet in hot water.
- Add the ginger paste and coconut cream, then blend the soup in a food processor until smooth.
- Return to the pan, taste and season if necessary.
- Add prawns, if using, and gently re-heat.
- Serve with crusty bread.